Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Return of the Football Funnies and the Monday Morning Armchair Quarterback



I watched the Hall of Fame game and I have to say I was relieved football is back on. Deep breath. I'm a happy girl now. Football... Yes, I know this is on Sunday, but I've got the first preseason game on tap for Monday. 

Now, I don't have any honorable mentions from last week as I decided to start over new with the new season. Grin. 

Now here are my football funnies from the Hall of Fame Game!

"A little swing pass and a slick move."
Sounds like someone's trying to make a pass at someone else.

"A lot of interceptions on the back end."
Hmm...Maybe he needs a little more time to learn?

"If he doesn't like it, he'll flick it off and do what he wants."
At least he knows what he wants. That's nice.

"I like these big guys here."
Ah. So we have a lot of big guys. Nice. Double nice.

"Getting his mitt on it."
Um...what is he getting his mitt on? Clarify?

"He's gonna hang onto a few things."
To do what? What's he hanging on to?

"Takes over at the line."
A man who takes charge. Cool!

And now the doozy of the game. I'd call it the doozy of the week, but there was only one game, so it's the game. 

"A big, strong guy and a little too much for him."
Kinky. I see we've found his limits. Let's push 'em. Grin.

It's the preseason, so there is still time to improve. I'm pulling for my Bengals to make it into the post season and then to actually win a game once they get there. That's my hope.

Stay tuned for the thoughts on the first preseason game for the browns and a new feature, the factoid of the week. 


Andy Dalton, #14, Quarterback for the Cincinnati Bengals
By Melissa Batson (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-3.0
 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], 
via Wikimedia Commons






No comments: