Friday, May 17, 2013

Hop Against Homophobia and Transphobia


Hi, everyone! Welcome to my little corner of the Hop! The International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia  is May 17th and you can learn more here: http://dayagainsthomophobia.org/

To celebrate this hop I thought I'd talk about what I'm going to do this summer. Now you're probably wondering what the heck this has to do with the hop. Let me tell you. Grin. 

This summer I get the honor of witnessing a wedding between two of my favorite people - Scott and Ron. Yep. I can't wait. It's going to be a great time. But this post is about breaking through the phobias. I'm all for this wedding, but there are family members who aren't. It's hurtful when those people who are supposed to love these two men can't accept that love comes in many forms and we should accept people for who they are. Sucks, but I'm 100% behind Scott and Ron. They deserve to have the marriage and rights everyone else has. 

I'd also like to talk about an occurence that took place not too far from me. Just outside Cleveland, a young man who was transgender was killed. Why? So far, there's been no reason, but the prevailing thought is because he was transgender. I've always been of the opinion that we have to be who we are and shouldn't have to hide who we are just to fit in. It's sad that this young man was punished for who he was. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. Sucks. But you're taking part in this hop, too, so let's all shout it to the rooftops, no more hate!

Now, part of this hop involves prizes! What's the prize you can earn here? A pdf of Permanent, my MM romance from Total-E-Bound. What do you have to do? Easy. Comment on this post. You need to leave an email and your name in your comment so I can get in touch with you if you win. That gets you one entry. Want more entries? Follow the blog. Follow me on twitter. Friend me on facebook. Oh and sign up for the newsletter. That's five chances to win. You don't have to do all five, but hey, more chances are good. Grin. The contest ends on the 27th of May and a winner will be announced on the 28th on this very blog and I'll email the winner as well.

Thanks for stopping by! Here's the link to the main hop page if you get lost or want to continue hopping. 



16 comments:

Angela said...

Thanks for posting and joining in on the Blog Hop!

Angela

Angela@angelastone.ca
http://www.angelastone.ca/blog-3

KimberlyFDR said...

Thank you for taking part in the hop!

kimberlyFDR@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Great post! Can't remember if I'm signed up for the Megan newsletter, the Wendi newsletter, or both, but I know there's at least one in there somewhere...

vitajex(at)aol(dot)com

goddess-issa said...

Ooh, a wedding! I love them so hope it goes smoothly for them.

cojazzchick AT yahoo DOT com

N.J. Nielsen said...

just stopping by to say thanks for being part of he hop - I think I may already have your book - will have to check my teb bookshelf.

Karl said...

Thank you for the opportunity to win and participating in the hop. I have signed up for your newsletter as well.

Karl
slats5663(at)shaw(dot)ca

JPadawan11 said...

Thank you so much for doing the hop. I would love to join the contest.

Beth
JPadawan11@gmail.com

Suze said...

Thanks for your thoughts Megan, senseless killing just tears me up.
Enjoy the wedding

Sophie Bonaste said...

Thank you so much for your post and participating in this amazing hop!

sophiebonaste@gmail.com

nancy said...

Thanks for hopping. Hope you have loads of fun at the wedding. Love your books and I subscribe.

ocanana@gmail.com

H.B. said...

Thank you for taking part in the hop. I just signed upforthe newsletter too.

humhumbum AT yahoo DOT com

Penumbra said...

Thanks for participating in this great hop :)

Following you on Twitter now under @penumbra

penumbrareads(at)gmail(dot)com

Sherry said...

Thank you for taking part in the hop!
Sherry
sstrode at scrtc dot com

Sherry said...

I forgot to say I follow via GFC - Sherry S.
newsletter and email subscriber
sstrode at scrtc dot com

Peggy said...

Thank you for the post, fb friend request sent, followed on twitter (@peggyrenee) followed newsletter and blog.

peggy1984 at live dot com

Emily said...

Thanks a bunch for sharing and participating!

FB: Emily Wells
Twitter: chickie434
Blog GFC: Emily

tiger-chick-1(at)hotmail(dot)com