Monday, December 10, 2012

The Naughty List and Mychael Black's Epiphany!



The Naughty List is one of my favorite things because, well, I'm on it all the time. It also brings together some of my favorite authors. One of them being, enter fangirl moment, Mychael Black. Once Myc's books come out, I nab them and read them immediately. This year for the Santa's Helpers collection, Mychael wrote Epiphany and I've already read it. Loved it! Read on for a little bit about it then what I had to say about the book.


Santa's Helpers: Epiphany
by Mychael Black
Cover art: ReneƩ George
BIN: 06094-01956
Genre(s): Urban Fantasy, Hot Flashes, Erotic Romance
Theme(s): Seasonal Themes, Elves, Dragons & Magical Creatures, Gay
Series: Santa's Helpers (#7)
Length: Hot Flash
Page Count: 24
Available here

Kael Selwyn is absolutely sick and tired of Christmas. Like every other waiter in the city, he's had to endure mobs of hungry shoppers with lists miles long, more money than he makes in a month, and just barely enough manners to fill a thimble. Now his employer expects him to completely debase himself in an outfit ten sizes too small. But... a man -- even an elf -- has to eat, so he swallows the last vestiges of his pride and manages to wiggle into the costume.

Ryan Garrett loves Christmas, even if the crowds are a bit much. He ducks into a packed restaurant, hoping for a bit of reprieve from the traffic, and can't help but grin at the servers all dressed in costumes: women as Mrs. Claus (albeit sexy ones), and the guys dressed as elves. Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves... except for the snarly elf who shows up to take his dinner order.

By the time he hits dessert, Ryan has a plan: to show the gorgeous elven waiter that Christmas means a whole lot more than crowds and stress.

Now for that review!

Some books are like chocolate. One taste is never enough. Mychael Black's work is like that. Once I open the book, I have to keep reading. The email can ping, the facebook page make that strange noise, and I don't care. I don't hear it! I'm lost in the world, in this case, of Ryan and Kael. The writing flows well and I don't want to put the book down.

I admit, I wasn't sure I was going to like Kael at first glance. He seemed...grumpy. But there's a very good reason for this grumpiness - which I won't disclose - and as I got through the story, I came around to him. He's not a bad guy, just very Kael, if that makes sense.

Ryan, on the other hand, I wanted to gobble him up. He's my kind of hero--strong, handsome and devilish in the bedroom. Oh, and he's a sucker for Christmas. Score!

This story is erotic in nature, but the tenderness, the sweetness of love in first bloom totally shows through here. I felt for both men and rooted for them not only to get together, but to make things work right away. I would love to know what happens for them for New Years and beyond. The sex scenes scorch and yeah, I felt the love these two shared, even though I wasn't really in the room.

If you're in the mood for a white hot short story for the Christmas season, then pick up a copy of Epiphany. I recommend it!

And now because I wanted to keep this a surprise...I’d like to welcome Ryan to the blog today! Ryan’s a homicide detective and totally yummy to look at. He’s featured in Mychael Black’s Santa’s Helpers: Epiphany. I’ve read the book and I’m telling you... it’s hot! 

Thanks for being here Ryan. Always nice to have new people on the blog. Now, Ryan, what’s your favorite part of Christmas?

Thank you! I'd have to say it's the family: my sister, niece, and nephew--and now Kael. I love to cook for them, then sit back and watch the kids be...well, kids.

Got to love that. Kids are so kids. What is it about Kael that you can’t resist?

Surprisingly enough, his grumpiness. It gives me more reason to put a smile on his face. *winks*

Snicker. Incentive is so much fun! How about your favorite Christmas song?

Probably 'Carol of the Bells'--the Trans Siberia Orchestra version.

I love TSO. If you could spend the holidays in any way you want, with anyone you want, how would you do it?

Two words: Kael. Bed.

Naughty! But this is the Naughty List so I expect nothing less. What’s the best present you’ve ever received for Christmas?

Oh, that's easy: my own personal elf.

Hee hee! Being a cop has to be hard, add in the craziness of Christmas and it’s a zoo. What’s the one thing you’d love to see people do differently at Christmas?

Slow down. Driving, walking, talking. Hell, living. Just slow down and pay attention.

Good to know. And yes, paying attention would help sooo much. And now because it’s Christmas and this is the Naughty List, here are the quickie questions!
Top or Bottom? Or both?

Definitely both!

Boxers or Briefs?

Briefs

Hairy or Smooth Chest?

Somewhere in between, though Kael's is smooth.

Alpha or Beta?

Depends on the person. *grins*

Name the Naughtiest thing you’ve ever done.

Bent a former lover over my squad car and had my way with him.

OH! Now that's a story I'd love to hear/read! Thanks for stopping by Ryan and readers, you have got to grab a copy of Epiphany. Loved it!!

3 comments:

Mychael Black said...

Hehe, thanks, hun!!! :D

Anonymous said...

You are the naughty list don't lie sis! But I love either way because we are black sheep the black sheep of the family. :-D. P.s. would have used my name on here but can't they didn't have a Facebook or Gmail account login

Wendi Zwaduk said...

You're welcome. :-)