Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday Snoggin' ~ Here Without You



How about a hot read with Here Without You. The book just came out and its right to hit the spot if you want a hot read. It's my contribution to the Sunday Snog!!

BIN: 05775-01851
Genre(s): Paranormal, Action Adventure/ Suspense, Guilty Pleasures (Contemporary), Erotic Romance
Theme(s): Gay
Series: Glow (#4)
Length: Novella
Page Count: 69


Some guys have all the luck and some guys love the pain. Slash Gunderson knows that feeling well. His place behind the drums for Glow is a dream come true. Can he accept his need for kink and the man who makes his heart beat?

Hiram Moline loves his job as the head of security for Glow. He's also in love with Slash. There's one major glitch -- someone has been sending Slash threatening letters. Hiram's not about to let anything happen to Slash. Can he convince Slash they've got something strong or will the stalker get the upper hand?


And now for that snog!!

“I don’t want you to not play. I’m scared something will happen to you, but I understand. You need to be creative and show off.” He grabbed Leo’s hand and stroked his knuckles. “Is there any way I can talk you out of it?”

“No.” Leo caught sight of the two of them in the mirror. Hiram always stood taller and loomed over Leo, but side-by-side on the bed they were more equal. But size didn’t mask fear. Maybe the V threat was a little bigger than Leo figured.

“Damn it.” Hiram left the bed and rummaged through his bag. “What if something happens to you? Does that matter? It’s my heart that’s breaking.”

Leo balked. His heart? He didn’t know what to say. “Hiram, I want to be with you. I do, but I know that sitting here curled up in the fetal position at your feet isn’t going to keep V at bay. It won’t change a damn thing. You know? If someone out there wants me dead, they’ll do it.” Leo propped his head in his hands. “Why am I all of the sudden being the level-headed one? I’m never level-headed.”

“Because love makes people act dumb.”

Leo looked up to where Hiram stood, staring out the window. “You’re not dumb.” He eased up behind Hiram and kissed Hiram’s bare shoulder. “Just concerned.”

“I love you, Leo.”

Oh, crap. He’d said it before and sounded like he meant it, but fuck. Was he in love with Hiram? Leo wanted to say the words in return. He wanted to. Had them on the tip of his tongue. He swayed and buried his face in Hiram’s back. “Hiram.” “Don’t worry about it.” Hiram cleared his throat and morphed back into the brawny, stoic attitude. “I might not be on the team any longer, but I’m still a fan and I’m not about to miss a Glow concert.” He turned away from the window, still in Leo’s embrace. “Will you play for me?”

No comments: