Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Ten Line Tuesday!



It's time for Ten Line Tuesday. This story has been in the works for a while. It's one that's near and dear to my heart because it's an older story. It's going to see the light of submission one of these days. Once I get time to work on it. Grin. So here's the ten lines.

“Daisy Mae, come closer.” He wrapped one muscular arm across her stomach, drawing her into the steely curve of his side. “I won’t bite,” he murmured, “unless you want me to.”

She giggled and rested her head on his shoulder. “That’s a horrible joke.”

“But it broke the tension.” He settled and sighed. “I think I should’ve stayed here long before now.”

“Why?”

“You make me want to sleep at night and see you smile in the sunshine.”

She fisted her hand over his heart. Sunshine was the last thing he could see. “You’ll burn to a crisp.”

“Nah.”

No comments: