Friday, May 4, 2012

Blisse Kiss Spring Fling ~ Down to Earth



I love a story that takes place in the spring - well, with a little snow for fun. IN Down to Earth, there's a bit of snow, but a lot of flowers. Flowers? Well, you'll have to read on to see. Want to win a copy courtesy of the Blisse Kiss Spring Fling and me? Well, all you've got to do is comment, leave your name and email. That's it. I'll pick a winner on the 11th and post it right here. So enjoy the kiss!

I won't lie. I'd love for you to follow me on Facebook, follow my blog, and to follow me on Twitter, but they aren't expected. Do that because you want to. It's not mandatory. Down to Earth


Changeling Press
Contemp, Paranormal, M/F
Glow Band Series book three
Available here! And here!

Opposites attract? Are you kidding?

For Ike Clanton, having competition means winning. Best at the guitar, biggest ride, highest hair, most tattoos. Until he meets Tallulah. She's nothing like he wants, but she's everything she needs -- he just has to figure it out.

Tallulah never wanted to join Glow. She's there as a favor, and not to Ike. An Earth elemental and a rock star shouldn't mix, should they?

Add overzealous greenery and a heaping helping of ego to this mix and shake wildly. Maybe being down to earth isn't such a bad thing after all.


Here's the kiss!

“Call me totally crazy, but yeah, I’m expecting a lot from a woman I barely know.”

“Then why? If you don’t know her? What if she’s nothing like the woman you’ve conjured in your head? People are two-faced all the time.”

“Because real is so much better than a fantasy.” He spread his fingers across her thigh and gave it a slight squeeze. “Lulah, it took me a little bit to realize the girl from the concert was you. You have a little more hair, and you don’t have nearly as much makeup, but your eyes gave you away. I just want to see you smile and look at me like I’m not an asshole, but a guy you want to be with. I’m sorry I acted like a jerk. It tends to happen when I feel blindsided and manage to do something really stupid.”

Wow. She sank back in her seat. The guy who was only hours earlier a complete dick was actually the sexy guy with the guitar she remembered. His touch seared her skin. She shifted her thighs together. If she wasn’t careful, just being turned on would send the plants into the room into hyper growth.

Ike’s lips curled into a soft smile that made it to his eyes. God, she wanted him. Wanted to be the woman in his life and to truly believe she was the woman he’d written the song for.

Her chest heaved. Damn, he made it hard to breathe. “Ike?”

“That’s my name, Lulah.” He inched toward her. “I wanted a chance to show you I wasn’t some sex-crazed rock star with a chip on my shoulder. That night was a blur, but I never forgot your smile or the glitter in your eyes and the way you felt so right in my arms. The words for “Longing” were and are the best way I could think of to tell you I wanted more.” He rose up between her knees and cupped her jaw in both hands. “I didn’t get the chance to taste you then. I’m not losing the chance now.”

He swallowed her gasp as his lips feathered over hers. Tallulah fisted her hands at her sides. If she didn’t touch him, then maybe the kiss wouldn’t imprint itself on her brain. Too late. His touch trickled down along the column of her throat. Every nerve ending sizzled. She swiped her tongue over his bottom lip. Remnants of the sauce lingered and sweetened the kiss. She whimpered and pressed her hands against his chest. Solid muscle rippled under her touch. Goddess, this was the man she’d wanted, the man she begged for. Her counterpart. The energy of her element vibrated. He was hers.

14 comments:

mimirose41209 said...

This is such a cool hop! I love kisses ... thanks for participating

mimirose41209 at hotmail dot com

Mel Bourn said...

I love coming by to visit. I have several books on my summer reading list. I will tackle that TBR list!
Mel
bournmelissa at hotmail dot com

Victoria Blisse said...

Phew, hot stuff! Thanks for joining in the Spring Fling!

Maggie Nash said...

Nice kiss Megan!

Gotta love a man who goes after what he wants :-)

Tee said...

Sounds wonderful Delicious!

teemich AT gmail DOT com

Nikki said...

Great post!! I friended you on facebook: Sherri McCarver!!

viajeradelmar@aol.com

bn100 said...

Very nice excerpt.

bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

Saetana said...

I love erotic paranormals ;o)

nikki.hayes@hotmail.co.uk

booklover0226 said...

Oh, this excerpt made my toes curl! I'm adding this to my must have list.

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Cathy M said...

That was just the perfect excerpt to share.

already a gfc follower
cathy m
caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Yvette said...

Nice excerpt and I mean nnnniiiccceee!
Yvette
yratpatrol@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Love the blog hop. Love the kiss!
Suze
Littlesuze@hotmail.com

Tawnya Peltonen said...

I looooved that excerpt! And that kiss! Seriously freaking hot!

lovey_20_81@hotmail.com

Shadow said...

What an awesome excerpt! Your such a tease! I cant wait to grab your book and read more! It sounds so good!!! Thanks!
shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com