Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Virginia Nelson's In the House Today!

I'm gonna let Virginia just run on this one. Why not? Take it away, Virg!

Megan, thanks so much for having me on the blog for more blog hop blitzing! Sorry I’m late…got stuck in traffic…

Did you ever think about how getting sexy was sort of like a game? One none of us ever really wins? I mean, we spritz on flowery smells to attract men who love beer and bacon…Shouldn’t we spray on meat scented or malt smelling stuff? They would flock in droves. Or Super Bowl scented or NASCAR perfume? Eau de motor oil…Can you imagine all the boys that would come running?

It is like chess…every move has to be plotted out in advance. But some of us are socially…inept. Some of us actually will admit we are socially horrible. I am one of those people so I really feel for the main character of Lips of Velvet, my March 17th release from Rebel Ink Press. Sandra is a bookworm, admitting to fixing her crooked desk with a stack of books at one point. Although she is great at moving words to make them do what she wants, people are a mystery to her.

When confronted with the sexy, smart and confident Lucy, she is instantly attracted to Lucy’s self assuredness. Lucy is one of those women who ooze ease. She is graceful, comfortable in her own skin and not worried about what anyone thinks of her. Everything, really, that Sandra wishes she was.

Not to say that Sandra is without appeal. Sandra is smart from all those books. She is funny. She is beautiful but she doesn’t see that about herself. But Sandra isn’t a plotter.

When these two end up on opposite sides of the chess board…sparks fly.

Here is the blurb:

Bookworm Sandra is dragged out for a night on the town by her sister. When she meets the sexy and exotic Lucy, she is instantly attracted to her. But will their spontaneous combustion burn out as quickly as it ignites or will it lead to a long term flame?

Lucy can’t help but be drawn in by Sandra’s intelligent and fun nature. But when Sandra suggests that she was just using Lucy for sex, Lucy is a strong enough woman to hide her broken heart and walk away. A chance meeting brings them back together. Will Lucy seek revenge for a moment of stupidity?

Website: http://virginianelson.webs.com/
Blog:http://virginianelson.blogspot.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/virg_nelson
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/virg.nelson
Goodreads:http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3188348.Virginia_Nelson

Virginia Nelson spends her days chasing three very active kids around. When she is not doing this, or plotting taking over the world, she likes to write, play in the mud, drive far too fast and scream at inanimate objects. She can often be found listening to music that is far too loud and typing her next fantastic tale of blood, sex and random acts of ineptitude. Romance, in Ms. Nelson’s opinion, is not about riding off into the sunset on the back of a horse with the knight in shining armor— it is about riding the dragon. If the knight can keep up… well, that is love.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh my gosh! How true it is! I can curl my hair, do my make-up, put on sexy lingerie and get all dolled-up, but does my hubby of 20 years notice? Nope.
I love your blog, Virg. As with every entry you make, you bring a smile to my heart!

virg_nelson said...

I know!! But if you fry some bacon...at least in my house, everyone comes running. And then looks at me and asks what I want. LOL.

Thanks so much for commenting, Kimberly!