Saturday, February 11, 2012

With Love, Valentine!



For the hop today, I thought I'd share one of my favorite Valentine memories. Leave a comment and your email and you'll be in the hat for a $5 GC to Changeling Press. And because the hop is worth following...if you want to follow the rest of the hop, click here!

So about that memory.

My favorite Valentine memory came from college. I'd been dating my BF at the time for about three months. Not a really long time. But he was a good guy and I was happy, so it was a great three months. We didn't have a whole heck of a lot of money, so we planned a small little celebration in his dorm room. Kentucky Fried Chicken and twinkle lights. Now I hadn't planned on getting him anything big mostly because I didn't have the ready cash.

You're reading along and thinking, well, gee, this isn't really romantic. I'm getting there.

For my gift, he bought a balloon with a bunch of ribbons. The balloon had a bear in it - which I still have. In the balloon. I'd never seen the like. He kept pointing to the ribbons and saying they were so pretty. I thought, big deal, ribbons.

"No, look at the ribbons."

Again, Big Fat Deal.

He then tugged on one of the ribbons. He'd attached a ring to the ribbons. It wasn't an engagement ring, but it was a pretty silver ring with clear stones in the band. I still wear the ring with my wedding ring, even though it wasn't expensive, it was the thought behind it. Every time I look at the simple ring, I think of that Valentine's day.

What about you? What's your favorite Valentine memory? Tell me about it and don't forget to comment!

21 comments:

RoyalCheryl said...

My favorite Valentine Memory started with a game hunt my husband made up for me. I ended up at the end of the day getting a small box with a ring, I had lost five years earlier. He found it in our closet. I was thrilled. I loved that ring so much and couldn't believe he had found it. It wasn't expensive but it was from him and I just loved it.

Susan W. said...

My husbands not much of a Valentine's kind of guy. My best valentine's memories are from my mom. She never let a holiday go by. When my brother and I got home from school there would be a card and our favorite candy waiting for us.
suz2@cox.net

savannah said...

My favorite valentine memory was me and the hubby's first Valentine we were only dating at the time ..... I was still in high school and he had roses and a huge teddy bear sent to school for me. It was really sweet.
brandon_savannah@yahoo.com

Savannah Chase said...

Hope you have a naughty Valentine's Day.

JoAnna said...

My memory must be really bad, I can't think of a single memory that sticks out. I'm such an awful wife.

beckerjo at verizon dot net

WakeAngel said...

My favorite memory was when my boyfriend at the time showed up to my work with a dozen roses and a box of Godiva chocolates! To this day it's my favorite gift!:-)

mmbrack@earthlink.net

Gardemarin said...

My favorite memory is one of getting a surprise romantic weekend trip.

Marin Garde
[gardemarin(at)gmx DOT de]

desitheblonde said...

mine is the bf gave me a bear for teddy bear and necklace my bd is fri and then we d not have to much plans

desi the blonde at msn dot com

nancy said...

Ummmm, chocolate fettuccine with raspberry sauce, need I say more?

Lyra L7 said...

My first valentine card with a chocolate heart in elementary school, ok it was more the chocolate at that time that was important(hey I was a kid, who needs romantic cards at that time?)

Happy Valentine’s Day
Thank you for the giveaway!
Lyra L
lyra DOT lucky7 ATgmailDotcom

Emiliana said...

My favorite memory was a trip to Disneyland on a Valentine’s weekend!
Thank you for your giveaway and for participating in the hop ^-^y
Happy Valentine’s Day

Emiliana
Emiliana25(at) web [dot] de

Unknown said...

That is.... Sweet.

I don't have any v-day memories really :)

shadowestr@aol.com

~Ley said...

That is so cute. Poor guy, you kept ignoring the ribbons! Lol. A few years back my dad got me a stuffed kitten for Valentine's Day, since I can't have a real one. I treasure it. :)

ashley.vanburen[at]gmail[dot]com

Norma Nielsen said...

This is the first V-Day that the hubs will actually be home and not working away - so now is the time for making memories.

normanielsen@bigpond.com

Pam S (pams00) said...

ty for the chance at a $5 credit to changeling and sharing your valentine memory!

gfc - pams00

pams00 at aol.com

Nay Nay said...

Happy Valentine's Day!
I love these hops. What a great way to discover new authors/blogs and visit with old friends.
Thanks for being part of the hop and for the chance to win such a fantastic prize! <^_^>
reneebennett35(at)yahoo(dot)com

Loveless3173 said...

Aw, enjoyed the post...
Sadly I don't have any happy Valentine's Day memory... not yet anyways... LOL
Maybe someday soon but right now, I'm enjoying my single status on V-day. lol

Judi
arella3173_loveless(at)yahoo(dot)com

Emma Lausch said...

First Valentine card in first grade I think, with a read heart, we made them in our art class and then my best friend gave me his.

Happy Valentine’s Day!!!
Emma
E_l37(at) gmx {dot} de

Donna said...

Hi,
Please enter me in your contest.
Donna
dmcintoshtx@yahoo.com
http://donnamcintosh.weebly.com/index.html

Anzu said...

Happy Valentine’s Day ^_~
My favorite memory is of my first V-Day gift, it was a card and flowers but hey they were hand picked!(we were in elementary school lol)

Anzu
AnzumerlinATmailDOTru

Jennifer L. said...

The year i received diamonds, but the card that came with it was so heartfealt that i will cherish it always

jslindzy @ hotmail.com