Friday, January 6, 2012

So I Haven't Had a Chance to Just Blog for a While...



I haven't been able to just blog and talk about stuff for a while. Contests, hops, trying to get the word out about my work. It all takes a lot of time. Then there's the networking done because, hey, if you can't help your pals, who can you help. Oh and writing. Can't forget that.

And I had a little detour the other day. I got my google alerts and one pointed me to Goodreads. I like to trip the Goodreads fantastic and see what's out there. This day wasn't my favorite. I like to think I put out quality work. Who doesn't? But I was having a mini crisis. The ratings weren't where I thought they should be. But I told myself this: Hot Space by Queen wasn't a major hit. For them it was disastrous. If you look at the reviews for it, they are pretty much all across the board. Sure, there are more fours and fives than ones and twos. But they are a big group and well, sometimes there are factors that make a record sell after one of the members isn't around (RIP Freddie Mercury). Still. The press considered it not their best work. Doesn't mean there aren't good songs on the album (Under Pressure is on the record), but it was panned. It's a matter of differnt strokes for different folks. What you might like isn't what I like all the time and vice versa. So I felt a little better.

I even started writing. I turned in the fourth (yes, I've decided Down to Earth is the fourth Glow book) Glow book. Felt good to get it in. I'm working on the fifth one. I kinda don't want to end the series, but hey, ya gotta do what the characters tell you ta do.

I want to run with my one vampire novella. It's halfway done, so now all I have to do is sit down and write the rest. No small feat some days.

Anyway, that's what's happening for now. I've picked myself up from my little depressed mood, made the Cabana boys treat me well, am taking part in the Cock and Bull tour (find the info here) and my day is next week. I'm pretty stoked, in all actuality. :-)

I'll post the roster for the hop tomorrow. :-)

No comments: