Thursday, November 10, 2011

Oathbound Review!

Those who know me, know I love the works of Mychael Black. Call me a sucker, but I love it. This book is no exception. But before I gush too much, here's the vital stats:

Oathbound ~ Mychael Black
Changeling Press
Paranormal, sci-fi/fantasy, m/m, anal sex
short story (23 pgs)

Vaughn Burke is an Enforcer -- a werewolf working for Marcus Deleon and tasked to help their kind escape from the vampire Dalton Gray. When Marcus gives Vaughn a new case, it's not exactly what Vaughn expects.

Elian Levine is the guitarist for a metal band, but he has a secret no one knows. When he managed to escape Dalton Gray, he kept the truth hidden, even from his band mates. Now their need for a singer threatens to tear the lid off his closely-guarded past.


Vaughn is all alpha and growly. He knows what he wants even when he's not totally sure who the man is. I loved the placement of him in the band. It gave him a twist of humanity in an otherwise very stiff-seeming character. Now don't get me wrong, being stiff isn't a bad thing. He's there to protect.

Elian. Talk about a yummy man. I loved the twists in his character and the way he dealt with the arrival of Vaughn. Totally sexy. I sped through the pages because I had to know what would happen next and how.

So what's the verdict?

Granted this is a short story, but that's not a big deal. This series rocks and I'm thrilled. I want to know more about this world. The sex it white hot and the writing is nice and tight.

Get yourself a copy of this hot little story. You'll be glad you did.

2 comments:

Mychael Black said...

Thanks! Such an awesome thing to see when I wake up. :D

Megan Slayer said...

You're welcome. It's a great book.