Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wanted: Dead or Alive ~ Part Four


copyright C. 2011 Megan Slayer


Yes, sir, she’d said it. He laid down the rules, told her what was what and she went not only with her gut, but with her heart. And for the first time in a long, long time, she didn’t regret her decision. She let out a long breath and exposed her neck to Mal.

“I have to offer myself, really want it, and ask you. I’m asking you. Make me your mate.”

Mal seated himself deep within her pussy and stilled. The lusty look in his eyes cleared and the smile grew a tiny bit. “I love you, Cherie.”

Cherie? She froze. Who the fuck was Cherie? She wanted him to love her the same way she loved him. Not love someone named Cherie. Tears burned at the corners of her eyes. The one man she loved more than anything...

“I don’t say I love you to just anyone, my Cherie. It’s a term of love.” He kissed her hard on the lips, sweeping his tongue over the seam of her mouth. “I love my girl, my Danica.”

Wow. Okay, so that was a strange situation she’d created. She closed her eyes and fought back the tears. Damn trust issues anyway.

He broke the kiss and rested his forehead on hers. “I’ll never hurt you, Dani.” He brushed away tears with the pad of his thumb. “You’re the one I looked for all my life and my undead life.”

Her heart swelled and her desire for him soared. This is who she needed—him. “Bite me. Make me yours.”

The brown in his pupils shimmered silver and his fangs elongated. He blazed a line of kisses from her mouth to her neck, murmuring between each kiss. Dani turned her head again, granting him access.

“Mine.” The sound of his declaration rang out through the room. His thrusts started up again and he nibbled harder on the ticklish bit of skin that connected her shoulder to her neck. “My beloved.”
She tensed as his fangs pierced her skin. Pressure compounded on her neck and in her pussy. She tingled all over, like thousands of tiny pins pricked her skin, but it didn’t hurt. Her thoughts fuzzied and her breathing grew ragged. “I love you,” she whispered. “I love you, Malachi.”

* * *


Malachi withdrew from her vein, rolling the iron rich blood around on his tongue. He could taste the sweetness in her soul in every molecule of her blood. He grunted and spilled his seed into the condom. Too bad. He wanted to fill her as she’d filled him. Later. He’d explain everything to her later. He braced himself on one hand and gave her room to move.

Dani stared up at him with heavy-lidded eyes. She’d said something right when he came, but damn if he heard the actual words.

“I don’t know what time it is, but I feel like we’ve been screwing around all night.” She trailed her fingers down his chest. “It’s got to be near morning. Stay with me.”

Best possible idea. “Yes, babe.” He sat up and removed the rubber. Dani skinnied out from underneath him and disappeared into the bathroom. Mal glanced at his rumpled clothes. What was the standard practice? Sleep in lumpy clothes or was it cool to sleep naked? And why was he thinking about it when his body screamed to take her again? Her blood invigorated him and made him feel ten feet tall. Screw the doctor. Mal had his claimed mate.

“Is it crazy that I finally feel special to someone?”

Mal stood and crossed the room to hold her. Tears slipped down Dani’s cheeks. “You’ve always been special to me. Always.” He guided her to the bed and helped her slid between the sheets. He took his place beside her and wrapped her in his arms. “There’s so much I need to tell you, but it’s getting late for me.”

“Tell me tonight.”

Dani ground her ass into his groin and snuggled up close. Within moments, her breaths evened and her body stilled. Sleep did sound nice. Yeah, he’d tell her when he woke that night.


“Wake up, you shit.”

Malachi jerked from sleep and stared into the blackest eyes. Devil’s eyes as they said in a movie he’d seen long ago. He knew the voice. Mal didn’t care what the doctor might do to him—but he’d die again to keep Dani safe.

“Don’t try to fight me, fool. She’s happily asleep in her beddie-bye. She doesn’t even know you’re gone.” Dr. Bowie slapped Malachi’s face twice. “You thought you could pull the shit over my eyes, didn’t you? Fucking that whore.”

Enough insulting his mate. Malachi strained to move forward. Nothing happened. He looked down. Silver bands encircled his wrists and ankles. The doctor hadn’t the decency to cover Mal’s groin. The fucktard.

Dr. Bowie crossed the room, flicking a needle in one hand and grinning from ear to ear. “She’ll wake up in a few moments and realize you aren’t there.” He flicked the needle once more and waved it in front of Mal. “By the time she figures out where you are, you’ll be a shell of your former self. Good night vampire.”

The needle pierced Mal’s arm, tearing the flesh. A raw cry ripped from his throat. Knowing Dani, she’d find him and rip the doctor a new asshole. But the maniac was right. She’d never get there in time. Fuck. Blood drained from his body, her rich, bright red blood. His head dipped and his vision blurred. If he couldn’t tell her anything else, he’d tell her the words on his heart.

Love you, my mate. I love you.

No comments: