Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What Influences You?

Does your music influence your writing?

Mine does.

There are certain bands I listen to if I want to get into the mood to write an action scene and certain ones I put in the playlist if I want to write a sexy scene. I don't necessarily use the words I hear, but rather run with the feeling the music evokes.

Think about it. If you listen to a slow, maudlin classical piece, it may evoke a depressing mood and make it easier to channel an empathetic feeling. If you listen to something like the 1812 Overture, I'm guessing it'll make you think danger, danger, (will robinson) run away!

Have you ever heard a particular song and it just made you think...wow. And then a story idea comes to you? It could be a simple line in the song, like ...already gone... You just have to write the story.

I have.

Speaking of tunes, mine are on and my brain's working overtime. And since the boys are asleep for now... I'm off to write.

No comments: